- Use watercolors or make your own by adding several drops of food coloring to a small glass of water and stirring. Make several colors so your child can make choices.
- Let your child paint colors with a brush on any type of paper.
- Give your child a little salt in a small bowl to sprinkle over the paint
- Watch the effect.
- If you have a bottle of glue, let your child drizzle it on top too.
- Talk about colors and what you see!
- Keep experimenting until your child is done.
- Let the art dry, then hang it on the refrigerator and talk about it more.