- 2 cups plain flour (all purpose)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
- Up to 1.5 cups boiling water (adding in increments until it feels just right)
- Food coloring (optional)
- Mix the flour, salt, cream of tartar and oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Add food coloring TO the boiling water then into the dry ingredients (color optional).
- Stir continuously until it becomes a sticky, combined dough.
- Allow it to cool down then take it out of the bowl and knead it vigorously for a couple of minutes until all of the stickiness has gone. * This is the most important part of the process, so keep at it until it’s the perfect consistency!* (If it remains a little sticky then add a touch more flour until just right.)
- You can store this play dough in an air tight container for at least 6 months.