Animal Sleeping Game
“Animals have interesting ways of sleeping & we are going to pretend to sleep like they do.”
Make a sleeping spot with sheets/blankets/pillows on the couch or bed.
- Rabbits sleep in a hole. Have your child crouch & build a hole around themselves with a blanket.
- Mallard ducks sleep in rows next to one another. Sit side-by-side & link arms. Pretend to rock & sway in the water.
- Otters sleep in the water by wrapping themselves in seaweed so they don’t float away. Have your child wrap themselves in a sheet & rock gently in the water.
- Bats sleep upside down, hanging from the feet. Hang off the couch.
- Flamingos sleep standing on one foot. Have your child stand on one foot. Then have them close their eyes to make it harder!
- Dolphins sleep with one eye open. Have your child try it & don’t forget to sway in the water.
- Meerkats sleep in piles, heaped around each other. Try it with siblings or stuffed animal piles.
To extend the game:
Take a turn pretending to be one of the animals & see if your child can guess which one you are.
Add in some animal facts. Where is each animal found on the globe?