- Eat an apple or orange and save the seeds!
- Run a paper towel or napkin under water.
- Wring it out so it’s not too wet.
- Fold the paper towel in half, then lay three or four seeds on top.
- Now fold the paper towel over the seeds, twice.
- Put inside a plastic sandwich bag and seal it tight.
- Put it in a slightly warm place that’s not directly in sunlight, like on top of the refrigerator.
- Check it each day to make sure it’s still moist.
- In about 10 days you should see a little sprout.
- Plant the seed in a small amount of soil and put in the sunlight.
- Water each day.
- Watch it grow a stem and leaves.
- Talk about it!