Homemade Finger Paint
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups cold water
- ¼ cup clear dishwashing liquid
- Food coloring
- Small yogurt containers to use as paint holders (ones with lids if you want to save and reuse the paint)
- Mix the sugar and cornstarch together in a small saucepan.
- Add the water & stir until all the lumps dissolve.
- Cook over very low heat, stirring constantly to avoid sticking or burning.
- Continue to cook and stir until the mixture becomes clear and thick like gelatin.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Add the dishwashing liquid.
- Spoon a small quantity into each container and add a few drops of food coloring to create the desired colors.
- *Safety alert: These paints have dish detergent in them and therefore are not safe for toddlers or children who put everything in their mouths.
~Recipe from Unplugged Play by Bobbi Conner